|Type of event:||Workshop|
Entrance Kilmorie Rd
Vocallective returns on the 19th September, 7.45pm at Kilmorie School, Kilmorie Road, Forest Hill SE23 2SP (Kilmorie Rd entrance only, please use the buzzer for entry).
We’ve got some cracking tunes to start the term with and we can guarantee you’ll have
a fabulous time getting to know how we work, meeting our lovely members and joining
in the community we have built over the last ten years.
Did you know it’s impossible to sing and worry at the same time?
There’s never been a better time to feel the benefits that singing in a group brings:
- a feeling of belonging brought about by the syncing of breath whilst singing with others
- improves breathing, posture and muscle tension
- scientific studies suggest that music can play a role in sustaining a healthy immune system, by reducing the stress hormone cortisol and boosting the Immunoglobin A antibody
- regular choir members report that learning new songs is cognitively stimulating and helps their memory
- growing evidence suggests a good social network- such as a choir for example - can have more health benefits than giving up smoking!!
You certainly have nothing to lose by coming along for a taster at the very least ☺️
Plus, we’re the only choir that offers a permanent 20% discount on membership for NHS workers.
You can follow us on Instagram (@vocallective.choir) or Facebook (VocallectiveLDN) for lots of fun videos to get to know our work and our director, Christina.